PRODUCING RESULTS WHERE IT COUNTS
Middlebrook Valley Lodge is a boutique thoroughbred broodmare and agistment farm situated in Scone, New South Wales – the heart of ‘Australia’s Thoroughbred Horse Capital’.
Situated at the foothills of the Liverpool Ranges, this picturesque property set on 370 acres of prime pastoral land, is well protected on all sides. A balance of alluvial creek flats and undulating slopes ensure the ideal terrain for rearing, ‘growing out’ and spelling thoroughbred horses.
Middlebrook Valley Lodge is managed by David and Verna Metcalfe who themselves are well supported by a team of dedicated horse people experienced in all aspects of thoroughbred foaling, broodmare management, sales preparation, and general care.
David, Verna and their team abide by the philosophy that every horse is assessed and treated as an individual.
Our recipe for foaling and raising horses is a proven one: horses who have foaled and/or been consigned by Middlebrook Valley Lodge in recent years include:
- JAMEKA – 2017 G1 BMW, 2016 G1 Caulfield Cup,MRC Naturalism S., Gr.3, 2015 VRC Crown Oaks Gr 1 winner, 2nd 2016 ATC (Randwick) Derby Gr 1 & 3rd ATC (Rosehill) Guineas Gr 1
- SELENIA – winner of G3 Scarborough Stakes , VRC Festival of Racing S. L on 5 March 2016 (at her 2 previous starts the 2YO filly finished 4th in the MRC Blue Diamond Prelude Gr 2, the MRC Blue Diamond Preview G3 & the VRC TBV Thoroughbred Breeders S. Gr 3)
- DIVINE PROPHET who won the G1 Caulfield Guineas, Gr 3 Up and Coming Stakes and finished 3rd (at just his 3rd start in the ATC (Randwick) Moet & Chandon Champagne S. Gr 1) in 2016.
- SAF-Gr 2 winner FURSA
- KIMBERLEY STAR (three times Group placed in 2015 and Listed placed in 2016)
- SURE AND FAST (who has earned just shy of $500,000)
- Group 1 winner & Champion 2YO Male in Sth. Africa in 2013-14 HARRY’S SON who travelled to Dubai in 2016 with his SAF connections for the Dubai International Carnival and finished 2nd in the UAE Al Fahidi Fort Gr 2, 4th in the Zabeel Mile Gr 2 and 4th in the Jebel Hatta Gr 1.
- fellow SAF stakeswinner WILD ASH
- Magic Millions 2YO winner MILITARY ROSE
- 3-time Gr 3 winner with current earnings of more than $700,000 BIG MONEY
- Multiple Gr 1 winner & Champion ALL TOO HARD
- G3 winner & Gr 1 performer PROISIR (who retired to Rich Hill in NZ in 2015). Proisir was one of the highest rated three year olds in the Southern Hemisphere. He was unbeaten in his first three starts and was narrowly beaten in two highly rated Group Ones by Champion Galloper It’s A Dundeel.
- Listed winner The HUNTRESS (who was sold in foal at the 2015 MM Broodmare Sale for $475,000)
- Listed winner JACQUINOT BAY
- Listed winner ROM BARO (who was sold to Hong Kong for a reported seven figure sum)
- Listed winner TERROR FORCE
- Stakesplaced GASOLINE
The MVL team are justly proud of their hard earned reputation and use their exceptional skills in giving every client’s foals and yearlings the best start to life.